These muffins are as delicious as banana bread. Each muffin has 4-5 g of carbs.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp flax meal + 6 tsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line muffin tray with muffin cups
- Make flax egg: mix flax meal and warm water in a cup. Set aside for 7 minutes.
- Mash bananas in small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, salt.
- Add oil, vanilla to the flax egg.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin cups with an ice cream scoop. Bake for 27 minutes*.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes.
Makes 12- 14 medium sized muffins
*Insert a tooth pick in the center of the muffins. The toothpick should come out clean. If not, then bake for a few more minutes.