Easy, nutritious soup. Try it with fish, egg salad or just have it by itself. Prepare it in advance for putting together quick meals.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/2 lb broccoli
- 1/2 bunch spinach
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups water (adjust amount to desired consistency)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (grassfed and raw, if available)
- butter (grassfed preferred)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in a cooking pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, and onion. Saute for 7-8 minutes or until light brown.
- In a pot, add the greens, water, and salt. Close the lid of the pot and cook, on low-medium heat, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Transfer to and blend the cooked greens and sauteed mixture in a blender.
- Pour the soup in the cooking pan. Add heavy cream, and black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat. Add some more water, if the soup is thicker than the desired consistency.
- Before serving, add butter.
Makes 3-4 servings